Jacky Rosen is running for an open seat vacated by US Rep. Joe Heck (R) who is running for US Senate. While she is viewed as a newcomer to Congressional races, she holds much leadership experience.
Background and Achievements
Rosen is a computer software developer, designer, and computer programmer for some of the biggest companies in Nevada. She is active in community affairs and is the current President of the largest synagogue in Henderson, the Congregation Ner Tamid. She was a leader in the implementation of the largest solar energy project for a nonprofit in Henderson. She has lived in southern Nevada for more than 35 years.
Positions on Key Issues
- Supports women’s equality and reproductive rights and health
- Fights for sustainable energy
- Champions efforts for seniors, economic security, and social justice
- Advocates for strengthening public schools and to increase graduation rates
Prospects & Opponents
The general election race is considered a toss-up. Rosen must also win the Democratic primary. Rosen is running against five other Democratic candidates. Although faced with a lengthy ballot, Rosen’s endorsement from the Nevada’s Democratic establishment has her favored.
- Feminist Majority
- Rosen was recruited by the Senate Democratic Leader Senator Harry Reid of Nevada
- Has the support of the Democratic Campaign Committee.
- EMILY’s List
- DCCC Red to Blue