Annette Taddeo is running for the House of Representatives in Florida’s 18th district against anti-abortion incumbent Republican Ileana Ros-Lehtinen. The district includes most of the city of Miami, parts of Miami Beach, South Beach, and Key West. Sixty-three percent of the district is Hispanic, six percent Black and almost thirty percent White. There are two large gay communities in Miami Beach and Key West.
Annette Taddeo is Founder and CEO of LanguageSpeak, a language services company. She and her company have received many honors, awards and media coverage. Taddeo has served as Chair of the Coalition of Dade County Chambers of Commerce and Chair of the Women’s Chamber of Commerce of Miami-Dade County. She is currently on the Executive Board of WIPP – Women Impacting Public Policy.
Positions on Key Issues:
- Supports: Reproductive Rights, Domestic Partnerships, tax credits for renewable energy sources, expansion of early childhood education
- Opposes: Iraq War, Defense of Marriage Act, Global Gag Rule
- Feminist Majority
- National Organization for Women (NOW)
- EMILY’s List
- Florida AFL-CIO
- People for the American Way
- Planned Parenthood
- Women's Campaign Forum
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus' BOLD PAC
Taddeo has been quickly closing the gap in polling between her and anti-abortion incumbent Ileana Ros-Lehtinen. In this anti-Republican year, many think Annette Taddeo can win.